Being a new mom is a crazy experience of happiness, love, and complete exhaustion. It amazes me how my day can be so long but fly by at exactly the same time! My new normal is constantly feeding him with one hour time slots between feedings. It’s during those windows of time that I try to accomplish everything.
Fortunately, grocery shopping is a breeze with Walmart Online Pickup and Delivery. I can EASILY shop from my computer/phone and have my groceries delivered directly to my front door. And if I’m wanting to get out I can choose the free pickup option and pull up to the store and have my order brought straight to my car. And since I’m a health nut/foodie I really appreciate how they always pick out the freshest produce and if I’m not satisfied they offer a money back guarantee! (Just contact Customer Care for a full refund.) Gran loves to pick up her groceries through Walmart pickup too because it’s so safe and effortless.
How to use Walmart Online Pickup & Delivery:
- Order products at grocery.walmart.com or through the Walmart mobile app (blue app)
- Select your pickup/delivery time and submit order
(Opt-in for email, texts and/or app notifications so you’ll know when your order is ready for pickup or on its way)
- Once notified that your order is ready for pickup, check in with the Walmart app to let them know you’re on the way
- Follow the orange signs to the pickup area and park in the designated spot
- A Walmart associate will deliver your order to your car/home contactless
- Your receipt will be sent via email and/or within the app
*$35 minimum and small delivery fee apply. Pickup and Delivery available in select markets.
My favorite fall recipe
And now let’s talk FOOOOOOOD! With it being fall I can’t wait to start cooking my favorite fall recipes. I love anything involving pumpkin or butternut/acorn squash. Since I now have a one-month old, I’m focusing on cooking recipes that are easy and nutritious. One of those recipes is my smokey butternut mac and “cheese” — it tastes like comfort food but is so healthy! And I can make it in stages. I roast the squash and go feed Nico. By the time I’m finished feeding, I return to the kitchen make the sauce, cook the pasta, and serve. It’s a nourishing, easy-to-prepare meal that’s perfect for the cooler temps.
Smokey butternut mac and “cheese”
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and diced (or 2 packages chopped squash)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (makes it taste cheesy!)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- hot sauce (we love Tabasco Chipotle)
- 1 package mini shell or macaroni pasta (I love brown rice or lentil pasta)
- roasted broccoli or roasted kale, to stir into pasta
- Place cashews in a small bowl of water and cook in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. (Or soak cashews overnight.)
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut squash in half and drizzle olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- After squash is finished, remove seeds and take 2 or more cups of squash and place in a high speed blender. (We love our Vitamix!) Then add cashews, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and 2 cups of cooked squash into a blend on high until smooth. Then add the salt, liquid smoke, and hot sauce to taste and blend again.
- While you are making the sauce, cook the pasta and broccoli, kale, or other vegetables. (I prefer roasting them because it saves time.)
- Add the drained pasta back into the pot and pour in sauce. Add cooked vegetables to pot and simmer low until heated.
- We like to add plenty of grated parmesan and sometimes a grated smoky cheese on top. But it tastes cheesy even without the cheese!
*This is adapted from Oh She Glows
Looks amazing, right? It tastes just as good as it looks too and it’s such an easy healthy recipe. What’s your favorite fall recipe? And if you try it be sure you have all the ingredients using Walmart Online Pickup and Delivery. It’s been a timesaver for our family and it will be one for you too! Have you used it, yet?
(Want another healthy recipe for a busy lifestyle? Click here for my favorite smoothie recipe!)xo
Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post!