This time of the year it’s so hard to stay in shape. With the shorter days, and all the holiday parties, it makes it difficult to walk the healthy line. We all know working out is important for our health, but my favorite benefit of hitting the gym is the added energy it gives me. Given my hectic life and work schedule I find myself constantly wanting to sleep if I don’t get in my workout. I rely on that extra jolt of energy to get me through the day. (And not the kind that comes from coffee — although that helps too!)
Here are some little tricks I use to get through the tasty, tasty holidays and remain in shape.
- Eat a snack before going to that party. (This is the only thing that keeps me from eating ALL the Oreo balls. Ooh, now I’m craving one.)
- Try to workout… no matter what! (I love Barre3 but if I’m in a real hurry I do it online or look up a Tracey Anderson workout on YouTube)
- Try to get up earlier. (This one I’m still, AND WILL ALWAYS, struggle with but getting up earlier means enjoying more light. Which in turn gives me more energy to be productive, along with a possible workout)
- Snack throughout the day. (If I starve myself at breakfast or lunch, it only means I’ll eat double when I get home for dinner)
- Take the puppies for a walk! (Nothing makes me feel better after a meal than going for a walk, so try to move after eating)
What helps you stay in shape this winter?